This workshop is designed for those who want an immediate understanding of the fundamental issues and solutions to implement online TBL™. It will assist those who wish to bring more rigor and active learning to their existing online instruction, as well as those who may be moving from in-person to online instruction using TBL™. Attendees need to have completed the Knowledge of the Fundamentals of Team-Based Learning™ Certificate or have prior experience using TBL™ as an instructor in the trainer consultant program. While Hybrid / HyFlex tools will not be specifically addressed, some parts of the workshop may be applicable for participants utilizing this delivery method.
- Integrate the three components of the course orientation process that assure learners’ understanding of the course processes, delivery, objectives and their responsibilities and expectations.
- Determine the time frame for Preparation materials, RATs, and Application Exercises in your course.
- Identify where and how to implement iterative peer evaluation in online TBL™.
- Identify the essential elements for facilitation in online TBL™.
- Optimize the technology tools available to you that will best support your learners in successfully engaging in online TBL™.
Michelle Moscova - UNSW Sydney
Caroline Wilson - Chapman University
Liz Winter - University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work