Map Contest Rules & Instructions
Submissions must be be POSTMARKED by January 6, 2020
No Entry Fee! Cash prizes available!
- Only licensed members of WVSPS may submit maps. If you aren't a member of WVSPS you can submit your membership application along with the map entry form. Visit wvspsmember.org to renew your membership or contact us at email@example.com
- The survey must be within the state of West Virginia.
- All maps must have been produced during the 2019 calendar year. Dates must be shown on each map.
- The name of the surveyor/company must be concealed on the face of each map to be judged (see item 11 below). Please check all notes on the map for compliance. DO NOT put your name on the back of the map.
- Each entree will be limited to one map in each of the following categories:
- City Lot
- Well Location
- Rural Boundary
- Subdivision (5 or more lots)
- The same map may NOT be used in more than one category.
- Maps must be clearly marked to indicate which category the entry is to be judged. If the map has been submitted in the incorrect category, the entry form is incomplete, illegible, incorrect or not submitted, or upon failure to comply with any of the map contest rules the entry will be disqualified.
- All entries must be un-mounted prints with a maximum size of 24x36 inches. (Only Deep Mine maps entered in the miscellaneous category may be larger if needed to include all required information).
- Entries will be judged on completeness, legibility, and presentation. Decisions of the judges are final.
- Awards will be presented for first, second, and third place winners in each category and are as follows:
- 1st place: plaque and $100.00
- 2nd place: $50.00
- 3rd place: $25.00
- Send 2 copies (one copy with the name of the surveyor/company including the logo concealed for judging), and one copy with the name visible for display at the convention for each category entry to WVSPS, 1000 5th Avenue, Suite 100, Huntington, WV 25701 postmarked no later than January 6, 2020. Entries must be folded to fit into a 9” x 12” envelope. Each entry must include a completed entry form to be eligible for judging.
- Old and interesting maps may be sent for display only to the WVSPS Admin Office. (There are no awards for this category).
- All maps entered (except old and interesting maps) become the property of WVSPS upon submission for the contest.
If you have any questions, you can reach us by phone at 304-208-8970 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org