Join us for the 2018 TBLC Regional Workshop!
Fundamental Principles and Practices of TBL
This workshop will be an introduction to Team-Based Learning™ (TBL) conducted in the TBL format. Participants will be given a preparatory assignment, divided into teams, given individual and team readiness assurance tests with immediate feedback, and achieve consensus with their team on a set of increasingly challenging application-based questions.
The goal of this workshop is for participants to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamental components, sequence of events, and benefits of TBL.
- Describe the essential principles and components of Team-Based Learning (TBL).
- Explain how and why TBL works.
- Discuss the benefits of using TBL.
- Illustrate how to transform a small group into a productive learning team.
Creating an Effective TBL Module
This workshop is for educators who have completed the introductory workshop on Team-Based Learning™. The entire workshop will be conducted in a TBL format including a preparatory assignment, individual and team readiness assurance tests, and application-based questions.
The goal of this workshop is for participants to understand the steps involved in designing an effective TBL module relevant to their fields of instruction.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the sequence of steps used for designing a TBL module.
- Describe characteristics of effective readiness assurance test questions and application exercise questions.
- Construct application exercises that adhere to the ‘4 S’ framework and engage teams in higher-level thinking.
- Use backward design to align application exercises with the readiness assurance test and module learning objectives.
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Cleveland, OH 44135