Earn the Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL Certificate at the TBLC 2024 Annual Conference!
Registration for the Fundamentals Certification will be $525.00 USD
Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL
- What is it?
The Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL Certificate is awarded to those who attend five (5) workshops delivered by a TBLC-Certified TBL Trainer-Consultant, Certified TBL Practitioner, or Candidate for either certification who is supervised by a Certified TBL Trainer-Consultant. The five workshops and their learning objectives are:
- Fundamental Principles and Practices of TBL
- Describe the essential elements of TBL
- Explain clearly and concisely how and why TBL works
- Evaluate the benefits of using TBL
- Evaluating Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for Readiness Assurance Tests (RATs) and Application Activities
- Compare and contrast MCQs for RATs, exams and applications
- Link MCQs to session learning outcomes
- Identify common errors and barriers to writing effective MCQ questions
- Peer Evaluation and Team Development
- Identify characteristics of high and low performing teams
- Compare and contrast systems and strategies for facilitating team growth
- Apply strategies to empower teams to self-manage performance through peer feedback and evaluation
- Identify common errors and barriers to successful teamwork and peer evaluation
- Improving Facilitation Skills for TBL
- Justify the importance of learner motivation, participation and a positive learning environment
- Compare and contrast facilitation roles and methods
- Analyze the key characteristics of effective facilitators
- Identify common errors and barriers to successful TBL facilitation
- Creating an Effective TBL Module
- Apply backward design methodology to plan a TBL module
- Construct application exercises that adhere to the 4S framework
- Design readiness materials that motivate self-directed learning
- Convert non-TBL course material into TBL format
- Identify common errors and barriers during TBL module development
- How do I complete the certificate requirements?
Register for the pre-conference Fundamentals series and participate in all 5 fundamentals workshops during pre-conference days (Saturday and Sunday).
- What is the pathway to the certificate?
- Step 1: Attend the 5 fundamentals workshops
- Step 2a: If you attend a TBLC-sponsored workshop series – your certificate will be sent to you automatically!
- Step 2b: If you attend workshops not sponsored by the TBLC, apply for the Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL Certificate.
- Are there other pathways to the certificate?
If you are not able to attend the TBL Fundamentals Workshop Series at the annual conference, you can:
- Attend other TBLC-sponsored TBL Fundamentals Workshop Series that include all 5 required workshops and your certification will be automatically provided.
- Attend workshops that are offered by TBLC Certified TBL Trainer-Consultants. If you attend workshops not sponsored by the TBLC, apply for the Knowledge of the Fundamentals of TBL Certificate. For those who participate in workshops not sponsored by the TBLC, the certificate fee is $25 (USD) and must be applied for directly through the TBLC, unless otherwise noted by the workshop organizers.
- How much does it cost?
The Fundamentals certification is $525.00 USD. You have the option to register for Fundamentals in addition to the TBLC 2024 Conference registration, or the option to register just for the Fundamentals certification. Either way, the price is the same.
Join us beginning Saturday, March 2!
Meet Our Facilitators!